The air is cool and crisp these days, and it won’t be long before we’re starting to deck the halls. Across the country, drugstores and retailers alike are rolling out their holiday displays and getting ready for the boost in business that comes with the holiday season. For salon professionals, the holidays offer an opportunity to connect with existing clients, increase sales with promotions, and bring in new clients as well. Although it’s only November, now is the right time to kick off your salon’s holiday promotions.
At National Salon Resources, we connect salon industry professionals with professional salon products their clients will love. Follow these tips to create your salon’s holiday marketing plan and make the most of the holiday season this year.
Start With a Strategy
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it may be tempting to come up with a few simple promotions and call it a day. But a little goes a long way when it comes to strategizing for holiday promotion success. A solid holiday marketing strategy integrates social media and email campaigns with targeted promotions.
Decide what you want to accomplish with your promotions. Build your strategy around a few simple goals like these:
- Increasing overall client spending
- Increasing client referrals
- Converting new or occasional clients into loyal customers
- Increasing visit frequency among regular clients
- Attracting a specific or broader client base
Developing Your Holiday Marketing Plan
Now that you’ve decided on a focus for your promotional strategy, create a list of promotions that supports those goals. Establish your promotional budget and create a calendar with important dates including social media post dates and email promotion dates. Don’t be afraid to have fun with your promotions and think outside of the box.
Here are a few great promotional ideas to try in your holiday marketing strategy:
- Stream a Facebook Live video with a tutorial on salon products you’re promoting and offer a special deal for clients who tag a friend.
- Try out products on clients and share images on social media along with a special holiday promotion.
- Advertise your promotions on your salon’s voicemail and email signature.
- Develop a hashtag for your holiday promotions and encourage clients to share it with incentives.
- Offer deals on gift certificates and bundle them with favorite salon products.
- Send out special deals inside holiday cards to your loyal clients.
- Create a social media holiday contest and offer additional entries for sharing.
Offer Your Clients Professional Salon Hair Care Products Online
To connect with a member of our team and learn more about the National Salon Resources partnership program, text or call us at 1-800-622-0003. You can also sign up online for your National Salon Resources account today.